Learning and development opportunities specifically for local government
As well as the regular programs Walk Tall offers, David has extensive experience as a consultant to local government. Every offering is designed to be an exact fit for your needs because every local government has its own nuances and quirks.
David Julian Price has worked with local governments throughout Western Australia (and other states) for 30 years. He began training councillors (and officers/staff) in the 1980’s about technical meeting procedure, chairing meetings, and the strategy of meetings. He is the author of Meeting Procedure Made Easy widely used throughout Australia as well as other books on meetings and presentation.
He also trained many councillors and staff in presenting confidently. His work has also included customer service training, time management, difficult people, minute taking and ranger services training in people skills.
Most programs can be tailored for elected members, officers, or both.
- How to present to directors and councillors so you look smart, savvy and credible
- How to present complex information to people without a technical background
- Meeting Procedure – the what, when, why, and how of the technicalities
- How to deal with difficult people and tricky situations in council and committee meetings
- How to play the meeting game – it’s all about rules and strategy
- Getting your head around the processes, procedures and rules of local government
- Governance – what it really means for local government
- How to get the information you need to make an informed decision – the art and craft of asking questions
- Streamlining your processes so the best decision is made in the optimum time
A testimonial from Graham Foster – Ex CEO of Elizabeth (S.A.), CEO of Leichardt (N.S.W), CEO of Nedlands. After retirement, Acting CEO of Albany, Acting CEO of Toodyay, Acting CEO of Wyndham East Kimberley
David Price was recommended to me from a number of sources when the City I was then involved with was experiencing problems at a Council level and between Elected Members and officers. On meeting him for the first time, I could see straight away that he knew his stuff but what I did not see was his infinite patience and strategic manner. Elected Members were rapt in his advice and results were immediate.
Elected Members became more focussed and could determine for themselves the benefits of working together and the tactics of meeting procedures. Highly personable and intelligent, I would recommend his services to you if your problems are large or small or even if you think you don’t have any at all. He will do his job. It is yours to make sure that people attend.
We are working on developing on-line learning packages for all of our training topics. If these are of interest, please email or call David on 08 9383 9499.