This is the benchmark program which government and non-government agencies all over Australia have been sending their people to for over 20 years.
It is continually updated to take account of changing techniques, technology and governance requirements. Everyone hates the minute taker’s job. This entertaining and practical program is for anyone who has to take minutes. There are techniques and tips you can use to make minute taking much easier. This program is suitable for people at any level in the public sector who attend meetings or takes notes or minutes at meetings.
At the end of this training program, participants will:
- Understand the role of the minute taker.
- Have an understanding of the latest minute taking techniques.
- Know how to work smart in regards to minute taking.
- Spend less time working on the minutes.
- Know what to record and what not to record.
- When, and how much the minute taker should participate in the meeting.
- Understand ways to record both formal and informal minutes.
- Know how to format minutes for various types of meetings.
- See how to ensure people come prepared.
- Have techniques for dealing with difficult chairpersons or participants.
- Understand their legal responsibilities.
- Know how to take minutes in meetings where they don’t understand the content.
This program is practical and presented in an entertaining way to maximise your learning. Participants DO NOT have to take minutes during the program!!