Often you need to generate new ideas for existing problems or for new problems. The traditional meeting format does not work well for this. New ideas need new processes and new ways to think outside the box.
Sometimes the usual chair is not the best person to run this meeting – sometimes they are. What is certain, is that the same thinking will not deliver different results.
This program will show you how you can run a meeting with th sole purpose of generating new ideas and getting people to think outside the box. It’s not a “creative thinking” workshop. It is more focused on how you can use a meeting to harness the skills, experience, knowledge and ideas of a group to generate ideas and strategies and move forward. Creativity does of course come into it as well.
What we’ll cover:
- Understanding the dynamics of meeting and groups, especially when asked to think outside the box;
- How to set the scene – this is crucial;
- Getting people focused on the future not the past;
- Lots of idea generating strategies;
- Capturing the ideas – what works, what does not work;
- Managing boundaries and guidelines;
- Who chairs/facilitates?
- Facilitation skills – how to get the group working toward the same end;
- How many people works best?
- Managing larger groups;
- Knowing when and how to break down traditions and culture that may be holding you back;
- Establishing action plans and implementation;
The program will be practical and entertaining to maximise your take away skills.
David Price has been consulting on meetings and getting them to achieve their purpose for 30 years. You’ll benefit from his experience and his entertaining style of delivery.