The 3 most important reasons to use an external facilitator for planning & strategy meetings
- Independence – no real or perceived axe to grind.
- Managing personalities – keeping to the point and cutting off red herrings before they become sharks and making sure everyone has an equal voice.
- Engagement – guiding conversations to unlock additional value that may otherwise stay hidden.
Examples of facilitation services I provide:
- Strategic planning retreats
- Idea generation meetings & retreats
- Professional development retreats
- Staff/executive/management retreats
- Problem solving meetings
- Personal development retreats
My philosophy for facilitation is that it is your meeting, not mine. If I am successful, as I usually am, then I become almost invisible as I guide you towards your desired outcome.
I inject the processes that generate ideas and bring out the wisdom, experience, awareness and knowledge of the people attending. I only inject content when it adds value for re-framing, or considering other possibilities.
You are the experts at the content and issues. I am the expert at drawing it out in a meaningful way.
I have no axe to grind and so I don’t lead in any particular direction – you decide that.
Email David if you’d like to discuss him facilitating your event.